All of our great music interviews from 2010. You can find our entire collection of shows here.
George Klein is author of a new book "Elvis: My Best Man." Klein met Presley when they were both in high school and were close friends right up until Elvis' untimely death. Presley actually stood at the altar in Klein's wedding as his best man. Klein was part of Presley's tight inner circle, known as the "Memphis Mafia." He also hosts a weekly show on the Elvis channel on Sirius/XM. He talks with Icon Fetch about some of his great experiences with the King of Rock n' Roll. Click below for the George Klein Elvis interview.Listen Now!
For more on George Klein, visit the Elvis Channel page at www.sirius.com
She's one of the greatest singers in the history of music. Darlene Love has lent her voice to countless hit singles over the years, including "He's a Rebel" by the Crystals, "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" by the Righteous Brothers, and her own holiday classic "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)".She's also had the opportunity to sing with many legends of music including Elvis,Sam Cooke, Aretha, Marvin Gaye, Cher, and even Cheech & Chong! Many others will remember her as Danny Glover's wife in the Lethal Weapon movies. Darlene is currently gearing up for a run of "Fame the Musical" in Australia, where she stars as Miss Sherman, a no-nonsense teacher at the school for the arts. We'll also discuss the new DVD release of "The T.A.M.I. Show", which Darlene was a part of. Click below for the Darlene Love interview.Listen Now!
You can find out more about Darlene, by going to her official site, www.darleneloveworld.com
Singer Darlene Love has lent her voice to literally hundreds of recordings over the years. We've assembled a list of some of her "Greatest Hits"
- "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - Darlene Love - One of Darlene's greatest moments. A stone-cold holiday classic from Phil Spector's A Christmas Gift to You. You can close your eyes and feel the snow falling on you.
- "He's a Rebel" - credited to the Crystals, but it's actually Darlene on lead vocals. Her first #1 hit.
- "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah - Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans - Darlene sings on this Disney classic turned inside-out. Extra points for Billy Strange's guitar solo that sounds like it's coming from another planet.
- "(Today I Met) The Boy I'm Gonna Marry" - Darlene Love - One of the few Spector tracks to actually sport Miss D's name. Darlene reaches back to her days in the gospel choir for a gutty performance. Imagine her preaching to the congregation about her good news.
- "The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss)" - Betty Everett - Darlene and the Blossoms do the question-asking, like "Is it in his eyes"? sharing the lead vocalis with Betty. The vocal ascending that they do when Betty sings "Kiss him / and squeeze him tight" will send shivers.
- "Poor Side of Town" - Johnny Rivers - Darlene & the Blossoms show off their gentler side as they echo Johnny's verses with sweet sophistication.
- "The Right Time" - Bobby Darin - Darlene duets with Bobby on this under-appreciated cut from a lost Darin LP called Bobby Darin Sings Ray Charles
- "Brown-Eyed Woman" - Bill Medley - The deep-voiced half of the Righteous Brothers testifies his love for Darlene, while she and her sisters turn up the heat.
- "Basketball Jones - Cheech and Chong - Showing that she truly is one of the most versatile of vocalists, Darlene lends her talents to C&C's parody of the Brighter Side of Darkness "Love Jones."
Legendary ICON Tommy James, the man behind such hits as "Mony Mony," "Crimson & Clover," and "Hanky Panky," has just written a book entitled "Me, the Mob and the Music: One Helluva Ride With Tommy James & the Shondells." The book chronicles his career from his humble beginnings in Niles, Michigan, to a regional sensation in Pittsburgh, to a worldwide star. Running parallel with this fame was James’ crazy, often times scary dealings with label exec Morris Levy, who didn’t just have mob connections, he was running dealings right out of his company office. Tommy James talks with Icon Fetch about his new book, new 2-CD "40th Anniversary Singles Collection" and upcoming book signings and gigs. Click below for the Tommy James interview.Listen Now!
Find out more about Tommy James by visiting his official site, www.tommyjames.com
Page 11 of 11